Monday 23 September 2013

What is December?

Another task given to help towards the final assignment of producing images to feature in the December issue of the Oh Comely magazine was to research the month December. 

As a class we did a mind map and below is a list of events and such related to December:
  • Christmas
  • Snow
  • Mulled Wine
  • Red
  • Holly
  • Robin
  • Christmas Lights
  • Nobel Peace Prize
  • National Brownie Day (8th December)
  • Beethoven's birthday (16th December)
  • New Years Eve
  • Resolutions
  • Fireworks
  • Advent calender
  • Religion
  • Henri Matisse - Birthday
  • Winter Solstice
  • Friday 13th this year- Superstitions
  • Walt Disney's birthday (5th December)

The list was endless but I have added the ones that appealed to me. I particulary like the idea of using Henri Matisse as my magazine feature, maybe a selection of his work made into a montage or a collage similar to Jerry Ullsmann. I also think Friday the 13th would be a good theme for the feature, superstitions could easily be portrayed with digital manipulation and darkroom collages. 

I have been researching more into superstitions to contribute towards my Friday 13th theme, I have added a mind map below. This was completed with the help of google searching superstitions and friday 13th.


No comments:

Post a Comment