Monday 4 November 2013

Happy Birthday Henri Mattisse - Print Screening



portrait-of-l-n-delekorskaya-1947.jpg

Portrait of L.N. Delekorskaya


I am to create an image to feature for the December edition of Oh Comely. The first image is a digital image created with experimental digital photography techniques. The second image is to be an image created with Analogue experimental techniques. 
I have decided to use Henri Matisse as my topic for my featured image. It is his birthday on December 31st so in tribute I have decided to do a screen printed portrait replicating one his beautiful paintings called the Portrait of L.N Delekorskaya.

Henri Matisses work would be a perfect example to replicate in print screening. I particularly like the portrait of LN Delekorskaya (image below)


oil on canvas 1947

I think the fauvism would work very well in a portrait to screen print. My plan is to photograph a digital  portrait of my daughter, taking out large areas of her features, such as her hair, lips and face and replacing the original colours with bright contrasting colours in photoshop. The finished product would represent a replica of the above Matisse portrait.

I have researched the process for print screening and over the next few days I will be adding to this post the step by step process.





www.heresylabel.co.uk


No comments:

Post a Comment